Are you looking to get started with steroid cycles but don’t know where to begin? Well, look no further. In this article, we will provide you with a beginner’s guide to steroid cycles. We’ll discuss the different types of steroids available, as well as how to create a safe and effective cycle. So, whether you’re a total beginner or just looking for some fresh inspiration, keep reading for everything you need to know about steroid cycles!
Steroids: What Are They?
Anabolic steroids, or anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS) are synthetic derivatives of the naturally occurring male hormone testosterone. The proper term for these supplements is “anabolic-androgenic steroids”, which reflects the fact that there are both anabolic and androgenic effects.
An anabolic steroid will increase protein within cells, especially in skeletal muscles. This can lead to muscle growth, increased muscle strength and improved recovery from intense exercise. Some anabolic steroids are even converted into estrogens or dihydrotestosterone in the body, which can lead to some feminizing effects for men who take high enough doses.
The term “androgenic” refers to effects that are similar to the hormone testosterone, such as facial hair growth, acne development and deepening of the voice. “Steroidal” refers to the fact that these supplements are similar in structure to the hormone cholesterol, which is a precursor molecule for all steroid hormones (including testosterone).
How effective are steroids?
There are three main reasons why anabolic steroids work so well as performance enhancing drugs. Firstly, they have a high anabolic to androgenic ratio. This means that the supplements are more likely to improve your performance, as opposed to shutting it down completely.
Secondly, steroid hormones will not convert into inactive metabolites in the body. The synthetic versions of these supplements do not break down into inactive by-products – this is why they stay in your system for much longer than natural testosterone would.
And finally, they can be used in conjunction with intense exercise to aid muscle growth and strength development. This is because steroid hormones such as testosterone will activate cellular machinery which activates the genes responsible for muscle growth (satellite cells).
How does steroids work?
Steroids work by binding to specific receptors located in target tissue throughout the body that are specially designed to interact with the hormone. Once attached, steroid hormones will then enter into your cells to perform their function.
Steroid hormones act on both the nervous system and the endocrine system. The latter describes any system that makes use of glands to secrete substances (such as hormones) to have an effect on the body. The nervous system is responsible for interactions between cells, such as muscle cells and their interaction with receptors.
Types of Steroids: What Are They?
There are many different types of steroids available for people who want to use them. Scientists categorize these supplements according to their chemical structure and properties, which allows them to be classified into different groups.
Some of these chemicals are similar in structure to cholesterol, which is why they are often referred to as “steroidal” hormones. Here is a list of the most common types of anabolic steroids:
- Testosterone– naturally occurring steroid hormone produced by the testicles in men, ovaries in women and the adrenal cortex in both sexes. This is the “original” anabolic steroid and has been used for decades to increase muscle mass in athletes (especially powerlifters).
- Nandrolone– similar to testosterone, but with added structural changes which allow it to be orally active. This means that it can be taken as a pill, and therefore bypass the need for injections (which may cause side-effects such as pain at the injection site, bleeding and swelling).
- Trenbolone– similar to nandrolone in structure, but with additional modifications which allow it to bind better to androgen receptors. It also has a reputation of being the strongest steroid available.
- Stanozolol– modified version of testosterone which is more “bioavailable”, meaning it can be absorbed better by your body. Anabolic to androgenic ratio is more favorable for this type, making it ideal for powerlifters who are looking to gain muscle mass.
- Methenolone– similar to testosterone, but with altered properties of how it interacts with androgen receptors. This gives methenolone more of a strength-enhancing effect, allowing athletes to lift heavier weight during training sessions.
- Fluoxymesterone– orally active steroid, more similar to testosterone than the others. This makes it a good choice for athletes who are looking to increase strength and muscle mass while being able to absorb it without injections.
- Winstrol– particularly popular among powerlifters, this type of anabolic steroid affects your body in a way that allows you to lift heavier weights and aids fat burning (burning more calories).
- Dianabol– similar to testosterone, but modified in a way that changes how it interacts with androgen receptors – this makes it easier for the body to absorb and break down. This also enhances muscle strength and contributes to increased muscle mass.
- Oral Turinabol– modified version of testosterone that has an added chlorine atom on one of its molecules. This changes its behavior and allows it to be broken down by the liver rather than in muscle tissue (which makes it more like a drug used for treating conditions such as anemia). It also gives it a longer half-life, making oral turinabol a good choice for athletes who are looking to increase muscle mass and strength.
- Nandrolone Decanoate– a longer acting version of nandrolone, which comes in the form of an intramuscular injection. It’s designed to provide a long-lasting effect on muscle mass gains, fat reduction and increasing strength. This type of steroid is more often used by powerlifters and bodybuilders who are looking to maximize their results from a short training program.
What is steroid cycle?
Steroid cycle refers to a period of time, ranging from several weeks to several months, during which an individual takes a particular steroid or group of steroids in order to induce specific performance enhancing effects. In sports where athletes require rapid changes in physical ability without any loss in power (such as powerlifting), people prefer stacking multiple (2-4) types of steroids at once, in order to achieve maximum benefits. This is usually done every 6-8 weeks and is known as “pyramiding”. In drug-tested sports, athletes prefer using a combination of shorter acting steroids that show only small performance enhancement effects over a short period of time, while being out of the system in 4-6 weeks. This is because they have to pass drug tests before being allowed to compete.
In non-tested sports, many athletes use longer acting versions of steroids like nandrolone and testosterone enanthate, as these stay in the system for up to 10-12 weeks.
How long does the steroid cycle last?
The duration of a steroid cycle can range from several weeks to several months. In powerlifting, pyramiding is often used during the earlier weeks in order to build muscle mass and strength rapidly. Towards the end of a training period, people usually switch to lower dosages or stop taking steroids altogether for a period of 4-6 weeks (known as the post cycle therapy or PCT), in order to allow their body to recover and produce testosterone naturally.
Beginner Steroid Cycle
Many bodybuilders and athletes prefer to start with a beginner steroid cycle, which lasts from 4-8 weeks. In this case, people usually stack the following steroids:
- Testosterone enanthate or cypionate – as it’s considered as the most basic of all anabolic steroids, testosterone is often used as the foundation of steroid cycles by people who are just starting out. It shows mild anabolic effects and is less likely to cause side-effects in comparison with other steroids.
- Nandrolone decanoate – this steroid has mostly anabolic properties, but also shows some progestogenic activity that can aid fat loss. It has a slower acting effect compared with testosterone and is often stacked in order to provide a longer lasting steroid cycle.
- Winstrol – this is usually taken by bodybuilders and fitness models during the end of their steroid cycles in order to enhance fat loss effects and to help preserve muscle tissue. This drug can be taken alone or stacked with other steroids like nandrolone and testosterone.
Intermediate Steroid Cycle
For intermediate users of anabolic steroids who have a few cycles under their belt, a steroid cycle of 10-12 weeks is recommended. In this case, people usually stack the following steroids:
- Testosterone enanthate or cypionate – this is the most basic of all steroids, which is why it’s recommended for intermediate users. It prolongs the effects of other drugs and helps them run smoother during longer steroid cycles like this one.
- Nandrolone decanoate – as mentioned above, this steroid is the base of many steroid cycles because it provides both anabolic and progestogenic effects that are beneficial for muscle building.
- Winstrol – this drug helps bodybuilders preserve their gains at the end of a cycle, so they can be kept in good shape when they have to go off-cycle.
Advanced Steroid Cycle
For experienced users, a steroid cycle of 8-12 weeks is recommended. In this case, people usually stack the following anabolic steroids:
- Testosterone enanthate or cypionate – this basic steroid provides a foundation for any powerful steroid cycles and is better than testosterone propionate, which is faster acting.
- Nandrolone decanoate – this steroid has mostly anabolic effects with mild progestogenic activity to make it useful for both bulking and cutting phases.
- Trenbolone – this powerful injectable steroid can be taken in doses of 50-100 milligrams per day and provides considerable anabolic effects as well as strong androgenic properties.
- Masteron – this injectable steroid is known for its mild anabolic and moderate androgenic effects. It’s very popular in cutting cycles among bodybuilders, because it helps burn fat without sacrificing muscle.
How many days does it take for steroids to show results?
The amount of time that is needed after taking a particular type of anabolic steroid before you can see its results varies significantly depending on the type of steroid. Some types are able to interact with your body’s endocrine system immediately, which means that you can see results in a matter of hours or days. On the other hand, steroids that have a longer lasting effect on your body need to be taken for several weeks before their effects become noticeable. This is why people often take more than one type of steroid at the same time, in order to achieve quick results.
What are anabolic steroid side effects?
Anabolic steroids are synthetic variations of testosterone (a hormone produced naturally by your body). They are mainly used for increasing muscle mass and reducing recovery times between workouts. Anabolic steroids come with a whole range of side effects, some of which are reversible and disappear once you stop taking steroids, while others are permanent. Long-term usage may also cause your testicles to shrink or become smaller, as well as irreversible changes in your cholesterol levels. While all types of anabolic steroids carry potentially harmful health risks, the most dangerous are those that come with irreversible effects.
How are steroids taken?
There are several different methods of taking anabolic steroids. The most common ways include injection into muscles, oral administration in pill form or dermal absorption through gels or creams that are applied to the skin. As you can see, there is no easy and risk-free way of taking steroids – all of them carry the risk of potentially dangerous health consequences. And that’s why they are only available with a prescription for people who need them to treat health problems that cannot be fixed by any other means.
Are steroids addictive?
The use of anabolic steroids is considered psychologically addictive, which means that people who try them are likely to experience psychological withdrawal symptoms when they stop taking the drugs. These feelings include restlessness, mood swings, fatigue, and depression. However, there is no scientific evidence suggesting that anabolic steroids are physically addictive, which means that people who use them will not experience any physical withdrawal symptoms.
Plan your cycle intelligently to get the best bodybuilding results!
Steroid’s cycle is a specific period of time in which you take steroids to achieve the desired results. If you don’t plan your steroid cycle correctly, you may not be able to get the most out of steroids. When you plan your cycle, there are several things that you should keep in mind so make sure to take them into account when planning the duration and dosage of your cycle! Remember, results are directly related to the dosage, so you should start low and gradually increase your dose over time!